There are things that happen or that people say that don’t always make sense to me. They make me pause, think, reflect, and wonder:
1. Why would you put students on a recital who were not ready? One parent was a bit annoyed, a piano teacher not from our school wondered how students were allowed to perform with music. I don’t know what to say other than I never put a student who isn’t completely ready to perform a piece on a recital, and it’s never their current piece. It’s hard watching kids struggle on a recital. Especially when they’re struggling & have the music in front of them!
2. Saying it’s not personal is the exact opposite of what it is. How is it not personal that your son is signed up for lessons with another teacher for the summer, and why would you think that I don’t mind? I wondered if it would happen since it’s his sister’s teacher, but they have repeatedly been told that there isn’t room for them right now. I’ve put up with tantrums, and having child being told that it’s okay not to do what I ask. Maybe you don’t need to be in my studio either…
3. Every music interval has a different musical color. I get the idea, but I’m going to need a while to figure this one out.
4. Season finale cliff hangers in TV shows. Trust me I like your show & will keep watching it, but don’t pretend to kill of the main character and then keep me hanging for 4 months!
– Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone