I got a new pair of Newtons the other week. I decided I wanted to try a different model from my first pair (the motus). While I liked them, I always felt like there was something missing. Enter the hot pink universal stability racers! Aren’t they fabulous looking?
Our first run was perhaps not the best. I went up to a 10.5, which made me a little nervous. As expected my left foot started sliding in the shoes a bit, and my leg didn’t enjoy that very much, but I could tell that we were going to get along very well. That might be why I spent most of Sunday excited about hill repeats . Yes, I am the crazy person who enjoys repeatedly running up the same hill multiple times. Some things I learned:
1. I need to triple knot my shoes (thanks Coach Cruger!)
2. My stride has definitely been off, but fortunately was found again Monday morning, and my quad has been quiet ever since!
3. I love these shoes! I have an even easier time running in them than my last pair.
4. I think my favorite thing about them is how my foot just seems to fit right in all of the right places.
5. They will clash with every piece of running attire I own, but I don’t care 🙂
6. Going up a half-size appears to be just fine. I was right on the cusp, but all the store had was a 10.5 (I have small boats for feet…)
Conclusion: I think these shoes and I are going places! I’m pretty excited about running the Georgia marathon next month. I haven’t felt that way in a long time. This makes for a much happier me! Now if I could just stand up straight & keep my shoulders square while I’m playing my violin…
Don’t forget, there are only 5 days left to enter the Oscar pool!!
– Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone