It’s race week. holy crap, holy crap, holy crap keeps running through my head. Not the most helpful running commentary to have going on in my head right now. Running 3 miles didn’t really do much for me. It just wasn’t quite enough, but I’m sticking to the schedule.
- Monday morning I ran in my Mizunos just to make sure I was going to be happy about the shoe choice I’ve made for the race. They felt heavy, clunky, and my feet were not very happy. I was ready to take them off before I had even finished a mile. All signs point to running in my Newtons for the race to be the right decision, and I’m excited about it. I’m not excited about running in my Mizunos. At least one question has been answered!
- I was looking back over my Dailymile training log on Sunday to discover that I’ve covered over 800 miles running and biking while training for Chicago. Am I ready? yes! Do I feel ready? umm…
- I’m making a list, and checking it at least twice! Ask my sister or good friends you’ll find out I have a tendency to forget things. Sometimes important things! So, I’ve pulled out my trusty Team in Training packing list and added a ton of things to it. I will not forget anything, I will not forget anything!
- Our Team in Training coach asked for our goal times. Writing it down freaked me out a bit. Ah, taper, stop messing with my head. I seriously need to get over this!
- I find it really funny that our hotel is on Wacker Drive in Chicago. In case you’re wondering it’s right on the river. Hmmm, wonder what was going on when they named this street… 🙂
Fortunately I have a lot of things to focus on.I have a tons of things to practice and a new student to teach a trial lesson for. I hope I’m not totally out of it for the trial lesson. Focusing on normal stuff is not my strong suit on race week.