It’s that time of year when people start reflecting on the year’s events and making goals for the next. I realized something about this year that I thought was pretty amazing. I set a personal record in every race I entered in 2009. Yes, everyone of them. Now some replaced an earlier PR set during the year, but I think that’s pretty impressive! So, I was curious. I got on Nike+ after this morning’s run and set out to see how many miles I ran in 2008 vs. 2009.
- 2008 I ran 695.15 with an average pace of 10:18
- so far in 2009 I have run 856.51 miles with an average pace of 9:09
I think we have the answer. What are my PRs you ask:
- 5k 27:33 (2009 Big Peach 5k)
- 10k 59:19 (2009 Peachtree Road Race)
- 1/2 marathon 2:11:33 (2009 Atlanta Half Marathon)
- marathon 5:00:33 (2009 Nike Women’s Marathon)
So log those training miles kids!!! You never know what might happen!